Our Commitment to a Sustainable Future
At Boston Valley Terra Cotta, we are continuously enhancing our fabrication processes with sustainability in mind to further innovation in architectural ceramics. To this end, our entire design and fabrication team, and our annual ACAWorkshop, strive to explore new products and alternative techniques centered around the sustainable properties of terra cotta.
To ensure that Boston Valley Terra Cotta’s overall support of sustainability and environmental preservation is imbedded deeply in our company culture, our commitment is affirmed through the following objectives:
- Continuously innovate our processes in order to maximize re-use of materials – progressing towards our goal of a closed-loop production.
- Source raw materials domestically and locally wherever possible in order to reduce our transportation footprint.
- Perform thorough due-diligence supplier interviews to ensure responsible sourcing throughout our supply chain.
- Experiment with recycled and/or environmentally friendly materials in our production processes to create new industry standards.
- Consider potential environmental impact and mitigation approaches in all business decisions prior to implementation.
- Proactively engage with all associated Federal, State, and non-regulatory bodies with a focus on the continual improvement of our environmental performance.
- Network with other businesses and academia in order to identify and implement environmental process improvements.